built Xephyr from source but it complains about missing XKB, and other things.

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sun Jan 26 18:41:22 PST 2014

On 01/25/2014 02:32 PM, ... wrote:

> I am fine clobbering my repo version.  Could I set the --prefix to
> overlap the repo version?  Or, do you know where I could find a more
> comprehensive list of paths I can and should define at compile time?
> Or, do you know anything about getting the source from the Ubuntu repo
> and compiling it with --enable-kdrive-evdev and --enable-glx-tls?
You really don't want to clobber your repo version.  That will most
likely break your system entirely.

I sent you some basic instructions off-list for doing this the right
way.  The ubuntu user groups are very good at helping you out; you can
try there to see if anyone can help you with the exact commands.