[xf86-input-synaptics] set lower fingerLow (10) and fingerHigh (30) default values for Macbook3.1 devices ?

Stéphane Klein contact at stephane-klein.info
Sun Jan 26 15:02:37 PST 2014

Hi,

I've upgraded my Macbook 3,1 from Ubuntu 13.04 to 13.10.

After this upgrade my touchpad is unusable because fingerLow and fingerHigh have
too high values.

If I update with this values :

* fingerLow 70 => 10
* fingerHigh 75 => 30

all work well again like before.

I think that new Macbook 7, 8… have better touchpad.

I see this patch
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-input-synaptics/commit/src/synaptics.c?id=0e222876d7da7acbaaf955c2e7b7efdf3549bde9

I think it's this patch which is my worries.

I can set a custom config in /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-synaptics.conf but
how can you fix this issue for all Macbook 3.1 users ?

Can you set fingerLow = 10 and fingerHigh = 30 by default for Macbook 3.1 ?

Best regards,
Stéphane
--
Stéphane Klein <contact at stephane-klein.info>