built Xephyr from source but it complains about missing XKB, and other things.

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Sat Jan 25 15:20:50 PST 2014

On 01/25/2014 02:32 PM, ... wrote:
> Thanks both of you.
>
> I did find a precompiled Xephyr that runs on my computer and has evdev
> enabled, but It doesn't seem to have glx support.  So, I've been able
> to explore a little further into the set up but it looks like
> compiling this myself still needs to happen.
>
> @Yan:
>
> I do have X in the Ubuntu repos, but it doesn;t have all the features
> I need enabled.  Maybe this is more of an ubuntu question, but is the
> following something I could do?
>
> apt-get remove xserver-xorg
> apt-get build-dep xerver-xorg
> apt-get source --download-only xserver-xorg
> cd wherever-it-went
> ./configure --enable-kdrive --enable-xephyr --enable-xfake --enable-xfbdev --enable-kdrive-kbd --enable-kdrive-mouse --enable-kdrive-evdev --enable-glx-tls
>
> make
> sudo make install
>
> Also, xserver-xephyr is a package.  I could do something like the
> above with just xserver-xepher, but I wouldn't know how to compile it
> (what flags to set, etc)

Why not use the xephyr in the repository?  (Sorry if I missed something
earlier in the thread....)

Definitely a debian/ubuntu question, and getting off topic and out of my
knowledge bounds, but you don't want to just ./configure - I think
there's a dpkg-build (??) command that builds the proper deb for your
system and installs it, and most importantly, registers it so that all
the other programs know you have a functioning X.