Quad head graphic card.

Grzegorz Sójka gs at sojka.co
Thu Jan 23 14:48:48 PST 2014

On 01/23/14 23:26, Alex Deucher wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 4:57 PM, Grzegorz Sójka <gs at sojka.co> wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I have 4 identical monitors. So I decided to buy (not to expensive,
>> around 100USD) quad head graphics card. I do not need anything
>> particular. Only office applications, no gaming. The crucial thing is
>> that I would like to be able to span a single window across all 4
>> monitors. I found following cards:
>> Gigabyte Radeon HD7770 OC
[...]
> Any recent radeon hardware supports multiple monitors just fine with
> the caveat that if you are using more than 2 non-displayport monitors,
> they have to all use the same clock (you are limited to two
> independent clocks), or you need active dp adapters.  If all of the
> monitors are identical, it shouldn't be a problem.
I mentioned the following radeon graphics adapter:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4278
So definitely it is capable of driving for monitors. The question is if
it is possible to configure X server in such a way that all 4 monitors
connected to this particular adapter are in one logical DISPLAY.
At the moment I use two dual head ATI FirePro 2270 graphics cards. As a
consequence I have two logical (dual-monitors) DISPLAYS and I'm not able
to span a single window across more than 2 monitors.

--
Serdecznie pozdrawiam / Sincerely yours

Grzegorz Sójka
Faculty of Mathematics and Information Science
Warsaw University of Technology
ul. Koszykowa 75
00-662 Warsaw, POLAND
mob. +48 722 22 67 17