opengl windows bugged placement on compositing

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Wed Jan 8 19:01:31 PST 2014

On Don, 2014-01-09 at 03:23 +0100, Roland Plüss wrote:
> On 01/09/2014 02:31 AM, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> >>>

> >> X.Org X Server 1.14.3
> >> OpenGL vendor string: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
> >> OpenGL renderer string: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
> >> OpenGL core profile version string: 4.2.12422 Core Profile Context 8.723
> > Can you try the open source drivers? AFAIK Catalyst doesn't support
> > anything like DRI2 yet, so it may not be able to handle OpenGL vs.
> > compositing correctly in all cases.
> >

> As far as I know the OS driver can't support OGL up to 4.2 (like geom
> shaders) and I require that.

Fair enough, though it shouldn't be hard to write a simple app to test
the reparenting / compositing without any special OpenGL requirements?

> How exactly could DRI2 make a problem with the cat driver?

DRI2 is not the problem, it's a possible solution. :) One of the main
motivations for creating DRI2 was that the original DRI couldn't
properly support compositing.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer            |                  http://www.amd.com
Libre software enthusiast          |                Mesa and X developer