AW: xorg.conf matching uinput device

Arne.Adams at t-online.de Arne.Adams at t-online.de
Tue Dec 9 14:37:02 PST 2014

Hi Peter,
that did it - thanks a lot.

Kind regards,
Arne

-----Original-Nachricht-----
Betreff: Re: xorg.conf matching uinput device
Datum: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 05:59:46 +0100
Von: Peter Hutterer <peter.hutterer at who-t.net>
An: "Arne.Adams at t-online.de" <Arne.Adams at t-online.de>

On Tue, Dec 09, 2014 at 04:58:29AM +0100, Arne.Adams at t-online.de wrote:
> Hi Peter,
> thank you for the quick reply.
>
> Unfortunately I have not found a way to match a driver other than evdev by vendor id.
> I tried the following configurations:
>

> To write the attributes of the uinput device these statements are used:
>
>   struct uinput_user_dev uidev;
>   memset(&uidev, 0, sizeof (uidev));
>   snprintf(uidev.name, UINPUT_MAX_NAME_SIZE, "shkbd");
>   uidev.id.bustype = BUS_USB;
>   uidev.id.vendor = 0x1;
>   uidev.id.product = 0x2;
>   uidev.id.version = 1;
>   if (write(fd, &uidev, sizeof (uidev)) < 0)
>     // error exit

[...]

> udevadm info -q all -n /dev/input/event4
> P: /devices/virtual/input/input5/event4
> N: input/event4
> E: DEVNAME=/dev/input/event4
> E: DEVPATH=/devices/virtual/input/input5/event4
> E: ID_INPUT=1
> E: ID_INPUT_KEY=1
> E: MAJOR=13
> E: MINOR=68
> E: SUBSYSTEM=input
> E: TAGS=:SHKBD:

fwiw, this needs to be ID_INPUT.tags for MatchTags to work
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/xserver/tree/config/udev.c#n187

> E: USEC_INITIALIZED=432116
> E: XKBMODEL=SKIP

MatchVendor matches on ID_VENDOR, but that isn't set here.
is PRODUCT set on the parent device? if so you can match on MatchUSBID
"0001:0002" (thats the vid/pid you can provide in the uinput device).

but the easiest approach given that you control the device name is
MatchProduct "shkbd" or whatever you put in uidev.name. So this should work:

Section "InputClass"
    Identifier     "Hitrax-KBD"
    MatchProduct   "shkbd"
    Driver         "smithskbd"