xorg.conf matching uinput device

Arne.Adams at t-online.de Arne.Adams at t-online.de
Sun Dec 7 20:38:52 PST 2014

Hi,
I have written an xorg module for a proprietary ethernet based virtual keyboard.
I can load that driver only witch a matching rule on the actual input path (dev/input/event4)
I tried to match by tag (InputClass... MatchTag) with a udev assigned tag on /dev/input/event4), however that fails.

A more flexible approach for matching an xorg module to a device would be something like "tentative module loading".
The user supplied device_control function (Bool (*device_control) (DeviceIntPtr device, int what)) would return a new constant, indicating "not my business".
In that case xorg server would load other devices (if present) for the given module.

Regards,
Arne