Need help with M$ touchmouse

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Dec 7 15:55:15 PST 2014

On Saturday 06 December 2014 14:27:34 Alan Coopersmith did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On 12/ 5/14 10:31 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > And it is still unloading the nv driver, which I_thought_  was the
> > nvidia driver.
>
> "nv" is the old open source xf86-video-nv driver, which nvidia used to
> provide updates to, but just enough to get the system up and running
> to install their closed source "nvidia" driver.   They've stopped that
> and now recommend the vesa driver for such bootstrapping instead.
>
> "nouveau" is the current open source driver for nvidia chipsets, if you
> have the required nouveau kernel driver available for it.

Yes, but no one (I've not looked all that hard though) has given me a url
where I might be able to pull a fresher Xorg install from.  Tarball or
deb, tarball probably better because configure would check and make me
update what it needs.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)