Need help with M$ touchmouse

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Dec 5 10:01:10 PST 2014

On Friday 05 December 2014 12:42:24 Gene Heskett did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On Friday 05 December 2014 12:23:19 Thomas Lأ¼bking did opine
>
> And Gene did reply:
> > On Freitag, 5. Dezember 2014 18:12:09 CEST, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > using the nouveau driver. From a 3.16.0 kernel tree I assume.
> >
> > Doesn't seem so.
> >
> > Posted log segment says, that you're trying to load nv, then unload
> > it and ultimately seem to be running fbdev (what causes the maaaany
> > error messages)
> >
> > This is not about the kernel module, but the X11 driver.
> > You'll need xserver-xorg-video-nouveau and libdrm-nouveau1, but
> > rather not from 2010.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Thomas
>
> And how does one go about that?  Build & install Xorg from scratch?
>
> I did that once about a decade & change back, on an old Red Hat
> install, 6.1 IIRC. It worked, but was about a 2 hour build on that old
> 400 mhz K6- II box with 320 megs of memory. :)
>
> git URL?
>
> > PS:
> > http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/libevdev/ is the very first
>
> Thanks Thomas, but what is the magic configure --with-??????
> that will get it to build the docs?
>
> > goggle result here. _______________________________________________
> > xorg at lists.x.org: X.Org support
> > Archives: http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg
> > Your subscription address: %(user_address)s
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

PS:
I looked at some of the older Xorg logs, that error has been there,
copiously and seemingly forever.  One of them was north of 500 megs!

So...

I reconfigured, built and installed a 3.16.0 kernel with the generic fbdev
added to the mix.  But have not rebooted yet.  About to do that but it
takes me about 10 minutes after a reboot to get all my workspaces set up.
Boot timing is wrong from gkrellm so I always have to kill it and give the
hardware monitor time to get its stuff in one sock, then restart it, and X
always opens every console I had running when I issued the reboot, on
workspace #1, and there are 10 of them. 9 are busy ATM. For some strange
reason, Kcalc is the only utility that remembers which workspace it was
on. Everything else is piled up on workspace 1 & has to be moved to where
it normally lives. :)

I write bash scripts for something like a kernel build/install so I don't
have to remember (considering the years on the wet ram) all that. ;)

Anyway, reboot coming up.

Thanks Thomas.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)