Am I using the "ati" or "vesa" driver?

Sat Aug 9 05:53:11 PDT 2014

On Sat, 09 Aug 2014 13:13:46 +0900
Michel Dänzer <michel at daenzer.net> wrote:

> >>  (II) Loading sub module "glamoregl"
> >>  (II) LoadModule: "glamoregl"
> >>  (WW) Warning, couldn't open module glamoregl
> >>  (II) UnloadModule: "glamoregl"
> >>  (II) Unloading glamoregl
> >>  (EE) RADEON: Failed to load module "glamoregl" (module does not exist, 0)
> >>
> >> Looks like libglamoregl.so isn't installed, at least not in /usr/lib/xorg/modules.
> >>

> > I have not installed glamor from the glamor tree.
> > I want to use glamor from the xorg-server tree.
> >
> > So, I build and install xorg (with the "--enable-glamor" option), then after this I build and install the xf86-video-ati driver.
> > But what is strange, is that as you can see before, a libglamoregl.so shared library is required when I type "startx".
> > Why?
> >
> > I have said that I would like to use the glamor from the xorg-server tree, so I have not a libglamoregl.so installed file.
> > Indeed, the libglamoregl.so file is provided by glamor from the glamor tree only.
> > Are you agree?
>
> No, xserver with --enable-glamor also produces libglamoregl.so. It
> sounds like either something went wrong building xserver with
> --enable-glamor, or maybe you didn't specify --prefix=/usr for the
> xserver build, so it was installed to /usr/local/.

OK so yeah it is sure that libglamoregl.so is not present after building xorg-server-16.0:
$ tar tvf xorg-server-1.16.0-i486-1_ygo.txz | grep glamor
-rw-r--r-- root/root     20481 2014-08-07 13:04 usr/include/xorg/glamor.h

So, maybe a bad option or a missing dependency when I try to compile xorg-server-16.0.

You can see here the full output for the configure line:
http://pastebin.com/wYpk5ek4

An interesting line is:
configure: DRI3 disabled because dri3proto not found.

Do you think DRI3 is required to have 3d acceleration with radeon?