Am I using the "ati" or "vesa" driver?

Fri Aug 8 04:23:21 PDT 2014

> >> With xserver 1.16.0 or later, you should use glamor from the xserver
> >> tree, not from the separate glamor tree.
> >>

> > Yes, for xorg-server-1.16.0, no problem I can use the embedded glamor.
> > When I am compiling xorg-server-1.16.0, I do:
> > $ ./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --infodir=/usr/info --mandir=/usr/man --disable-static --with-pic --with-int10=x86emu --with-default-font-path="${DEF_FONTPATH}" --with-module-dir=/usr/lib/xorg/modules --with-xkb-path=/etc/X11/xkb --with-xkb-output=/var/lib/xkb --enable-config-udev --disable-config-hal --enable-glamor
> > I think that the "--enable-glamor" option means I will use the
> > xorg-server-1.16.0 embedded (internal) glamor version, isn't it?
>
> If you don't overwrite libglamoregl.so from the xserver tree with that
> from the glamor tree, yes.
>
> Note that you also need to rebuild xf86-video-ati against glamor from the xserver tree.
>

> > Now, the problem is that without the external glamor, I got an error from the radeon driver:
> > [ 44144.759] (EE) RADEON(0): glamor not available
> > And I again no have 3d acceleration:
> > [ 44144.801] (WW) RADEON(0): Direct rendering disabled
> >
> > The full log is here:
> > http://pastebin.com/a51DRWg6
>
>  (II) Loading sub module "glamoregl"
>  (II) LoadModule: "glamoregl"
>  (WW) Warning, couldn't open module glamoregl
>  (II) UnloadModule: "glamoregl"
>  (II) Unloading glamoregl
>  (EE) RADEON: Failed to load module "glamoregl" (module does not exist, 0)
>
> Looks like libglamoregl.so isn't installed, at least not in /usr/lib/xorg/modules.

I have not installed glamor from the glamor tree.
I want to use glamor from the xorg-server tree.

So, I build and install xorg (with the "--enable-glamor" option), then after this I build and install the xf86-video-ati driver.
But what is strange, is that as you can see before, a libglamoregl.so shared library is required when I type "startx".
Why?

I have said that I would like to use the glamor from the xorg-server tree, so I have not a libglamoregl.so installed file.
Indeed, the libglamoregl.so file is provided by glamor from the glamor tree only.
Are you agree?