Am I using the "ati" or "vesa" driver?

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Tue Aug 5 18:21:28 PDT 2014

On 05.08.2014 23:10, YuGiOhJCJ Mailing-List wrote:
>>> But I see a last problem: I have no 3d acceleration!
>>> As you can see here:
>>> $ cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep Direct
>>> [  7567.271] (WW) RADEON(0): Direct rendering disabled
>>>
>>> The full xorg log is available here: http://pastebin.com/hSKjXsvL
>>>
>>> Do you know how to have 3d acceleration please?
>>
>> To overcome
>>
>> http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=AwPnpSJ7
>>
>> which you pasted on IRC, you need to compile Mesa with:
>>
>> 	--with-egl-platforms=drm
>
> Are you speaking about the segmentation fault + backtrace problem?
> I have built "mesa-10.0.2" with the "--with-egl-platforms=drm" option but I have again this segmentation fault + backtrace problem.
> It does not solved this problem.

Apart from what Alex added, make sure the relevant binaries get rebuilt
after you change the parameters passed to configure, in the worst case
by running 'make clean' first, and that the binaries you compile are
actually being used.

If the problem persists, please provide a new log file.

> - xorg-server-1.16.0
> - glamor-egl-0.6.0

With xserver 1.16.0 or later, you should use glamor from the xserver
tree, not from the separate glamor tree.

> Anyway, if I keep the official packages from Slackware 14.1, I have not
> this segmentation fault + backtrace problem.

[...]

> In this second case, the problem is that I have no direct rendering.
> As you can see here:
> $ cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log | grep Direct
> [  7567.271] (WW) RADEON(0): Direct rendering disabled

I suspect some of the older components are just too old to support your GPU.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer            |                  http://www.amd.com
Libre software enthusiast          |                Mesa and X developer