回复: 回复: transparent background of XLib window

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 03:45:25 PDT 2014

On Dienstag, 15. April 2014 12:03:42 CEST, LIDE wrote:
> I use xcompmgr in my system.When I run xcompmgr and my
> createWindow example,the window is disapeared.And when I move
> the window,it show again.but the background is wrong with
> complex colors, rootwindow color or its own background color.I
> test my example on another ubuntu system, It works fine.the
> background is completely transparent.I wonder,why I create the
> window ,which root window as it's parent,not work? Should I set
> root window's attributes?

There's probably an error - try the example provided in the stackoverflow link, it will print errors (like no matching visuals) and also watch for error messages from the X11 server.

Try whether ARGB windows work in general on the problematic box (ie. pre-installed applications that use translucent windows)

Please attach the complete code that fails for you (unless it is not *exactly* the stackoverflow example)

There's no requirement to set the GC in order to get a (fully) translucent window.

root window content in a window usually mean an uninitialized background and NO present compositing.

Cheers,
Thomas