dickey at his.com
Tue Sep 10 18:05:43 PDT 2013
Patch #297 - 2013/09/10
* modify check for missing cells in bitmap font to work around
terminus 10646 encoding, which is mostly missing, add
assumeAllChars resource to provide the older behavior.
* modify macros used to check for missing cells in bitmap fonts to
pick up a long-overlooked improvement made to xfd in XFree86.
* improve workaround for groff versus ASCII-equivalents; patch #185
had overlooked Xft configuration (reported by anonymous user on
Arch Linux forum).
* review/extend DECNRCM support (prompted by report by Hayaki Saito
asking about the two "A" codes).
+ make pasting of DECNRCM data work by translating the pasted
data into the selected encoding.
+ limit mode changes to VT220 and up.
+ ignore SCS for National Replacement Characters if DECNRCM is
+ add tables and logic to decode SCS controls ending with "%"
and one additional character. This expects the parsing of SCS
+ also added parsing for SCS of DEC Supplemental and DEC
Technical, which are for VT2xx and VT3xx respectively.
+ implement VT220 Multinational character set "GR" aka "DEC
+ DEC Technical character set based on vt100.net description.
+ implement Portuguese NRC.
+ provide for temporarily switching to/from NRC mode from UTF-8
mode when DECNRCM is set or reset.
* minor fix to assert's found while testing examples from ttdoda's
* modify DECLRMM to not update the cursor position (report by Iwamoto
Kouichi forwarded by Hayaki Saito).
* modify cursor-position report to take origin-mode into account
(report by Hayaki Saito, see also iTerm2 pull request 129).
* correct off-by-one comparison in when handling carriage-return at
left margin (patch by Iwamoto Kouichi, forwarded by Hayaki Saito).
* improve handling of faceName resource when a "size=" property is
embedded in it, by using that size to replace the default faceSize
resource. This lets xterm honor the other faceSize resources
(report by Jens Schweikhardt).
* improve OSC 52 selection-data by setting its timestamp to
correspond to the most-recent event received by xterm, to ensure
that calls to XtOwnSelect succeed even if the selection is
manipulated solely through the keyboard (prompted by patch by
* change configure-script defaults for "luit" and "wide-chars"
options to match the values used in the imake configuration, to
lessen user surprise if they are accustomed to building xterm using
imake(report by Andries E Brouwer).
* improve the imake-related configuration's check if xterm is started
in a locale that uses UTF-8 encoding. Before, this checked the
locale settings only for "UTF-8", now it checks ignoring case for
"UTF-8" and "UTF-8" (report by Andries E Brouwer).
Thomas E. Dickey <dickey at invisible-island.net>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the xorg