[ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.99.905

Chris Clayton chris2553 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 18:12:29 CET 2013

Hi Chris,

I've been trying out this driver and have been getting some text rendering problems on my KDE-3.5.10 desktop. I've also
grabbed the tar ball of the latest git version of the driver (ed282456240cc0a7ae9a235ea8aea14a8b8a54ef) and get the same
problem. I do not see the problem with 2.99.904.

The problem is that if I open a new konqueror window, place the mouse cursor in it and then scroll the window contents
with the mouse wheel, I get text in the window decorations at the bottom of the window. I've attached a snapshot of an
affected konqueror window (hope it gets through your and X.org's mail filters). Sometimes the text also spills out on to
the desktop itself and remains there until that part of the screen is refreshed for some reason - e.g. drag a window
onto and then off the area. I have a snapshot of that too and can send it if it would help, although I guess that's
unlikely.

 Do you have any immediate ides which change might be the "culprit" and I could try reverting? If not, I can clone the
git tree and do a bisect.

Thanks

Chris Clayton