X cursor makers for GNU/Linux?

ito egunther at warwick.net
Tue Oct 22 11:12:41 PDT 2013

I am not promising anything but it *does say the format of the
information to provide which is the proper *content of that file.

-ito

Good Luck.

http://www.x.org/archive/X11R7.5/doc/man/man1/xcursorgen.1.html

---

Each line in the config file is of the form:

---

...which is also the case on my system (opensuse 12.3 64).
through "man xcursorgen".

Found this though. (google, xcursorgen xhot)
http://www.freewebs.com/tkey/themes/windows-ani-cursors-into-x11-cursors.html

-excerpt-

Now for the config file used to generate the cursors

The syntax of the config file that xcursorgen reads is

<size>
<xhot>
<yhot>
<filename>
<ms-delay>

for each line.

The size is ONE and only one integer explaining how big one side of the
square cursor is in pixels. The xhot is the location on the x axis from
where the hot spot will be defined. The x axis origion (where x is 0) is
in the upper left hand corner. As you move right x will go up in value.
The yhot is just the same as xhot, except it's for the y axis. The y
axis counts weird. As you go down, y goes up in value. Next comes the
filename. This is the filename of the png image you want to be displayed
next. I don't even use the last part of the syntax, as it is completely
optional, and not used for stay-still cursors, and does not have to be
used for animated cursors. To make an animated cursor, you need more
than one line written. The frames will be displayed depending on where
you put them in the config file, then the next, etc. Once it gets to the
end, it will loop and start over at the beginning.

-excerpt-