eGalax touchscreen and RandR rotation

Sandeep sandy.8925 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 17:36:00 PDT 2013

Hi,

I have an Acer Iconia Tab W500. It has an eGalax touchscreen. Single touch
input  works.

I mainly use KDE, and when I rotate the screen using the Krandrtray
application, the mouse input works fine, but the touchscreen input does not
work correctly.

Here is a video showing the problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OviHJmjhoOI

It looks like the touch driver rotates the input in the same way that the
screen is rotated, thus producing wrong/unexpected behaviour.

I tried searching for existing bugs at bugs.freedesktop.org and it doesn't
look like any of them cover this problem. Does anyone know what the problem
might be, and how I can figure out where the problem lies?

Thanks,
Sandeep