Xorg on iMX53 touchscreen

Moe Derballa mderballa at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 25 16:27:40 PST 2013

Hey all,I'm having some problems getting xorg to behave correctly on a iMX53 touchscreen. When my device first starts X, it switches mouse protocols a few times until it gets to ps/2 (see below), then when I touch the screen the X menu appears momentarily but the cursor never moves and i'm not able to click on anything. I'm using TSLIB, and I am able to run ts_calibrate and ts_test with no problem (draw/drag/drop ok), but that's the only application that allows me to move the cursor and click on the screen. This makes me think it is a problem with the config file xorg.conf. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to what I should try or any hints on what's wrong with the xorg config file below? thanks? Btw, plugging a USB mouse in works perfectly fine.
Output after starting X:_XSERVTransSocketOpenCOTSServer: Unable to open socket for inet6_XSERVTransOpen: transport open failed for inet6/iND16599:0_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: failed to open listener for inet6(EE) XKB: Couldn't open rules file /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/base(EE) XKB: No components provided for device Virtual core keyboard(EE) XKB: Couldn't open rules file /usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/base(EE) XKB: No components provided for device (unnamed keyboard)Switching to mouse protocol "imps/2"Switching to mouse protocol "exps/2"Switching to mouse protocol "bus"Switching to mouse protocol "ps/2"

xorg.conf:Section "InputDevice"        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"        Driver          "kbd"        Option          "XkbRules"      "xorg"        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105"        Option          "XkbLayout"     "us"EndSection
Section "InputDevice"         Identifier      "Configured Mouse"        Driver          "mouse"        Option          "CorePointer"        Option          "Protocol" "ps/2"        Option          "Device" "/dev/input/event2"EndSection
#Section "InputDevice"#       Identifier      "touchscreen1"#       Option          "Driver" "imx"#       Option          "Device" "/dev/input/ts0"#       Option "CorePointer"#EndSection
Section "Device"        Identifier      "i.MX Accelerated Framebuffer Device"        Driver          "imx"        Option          "fbdev"         "/dev/fb0"
# This option only recognized when "mxc_epdc_fb" frame buffer driver in# use.  Values are "RGB565" (default, 16-bit RGB), "Y8" (8-bit gray),# and "Y8INV" (8-bit gray inverted).        Option          "FormatEPDC"    "Y8INV"
EndSection
Section "Monitor"        Identifier      "Configured Monitor"EndSection
Section "Screen"        Identifier      "Default Screen"        Monitor         "Configured Monitor"        Device          "i.MX Accelerated Framebuffer Device"EndSection
Section "ServerLayout"        Identifier      "Default Layout"        Screen          "Default Screen"EndSection