Fwd: eGalaxTouch EXC7200 touch click problem

Maarten Vergouwe mvergouwe85 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 01:39:23 PST 2013

Hi

I'm having a hard time with the following problem concerning an eGalaxTouch
device.
At first sight, everything seems to be working fine using the evdev driver
with libmtdev. I have no problem with pinch/zoom etc. But after a short
time Xserver emits button-press events immediately after button-release,
even when you do a simple single tap.
So tapping once on the screen results in "button-press" - "button-release"
- "button-press". This makes any application behave strangely or it even
gets stuck.

I've written a simple test application printing the "ButtonPress" and
"ButtonRelease" events coming from the X server (looping over XNextEvent)
and the problem is evident. I can get X to behave correctly again by
clicking a normal mouse. But using the touchscreen will almost immediately
get it in the wrong state again.

mtdev-test from libmtdev shows no problems at all and evtest also not, so
I'm pretty sure it's a problem in X or evdev_drv (I didn't find a way to
hook onto evdev yet). Both evtest and mtdev-test nicely emit button-press
and button-release without extra events.

Perhaps a similar issue was reported last year, but I don't know if there
was any follow-up:
http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2012-October/034047.html

Can someone share some insight, please?