Intel driver not detecting device

Fredrik Tolf fredrik at dolda2000.com
Tue May 28 21:23:31 PDT 2013

On Sun, 19 May 2013, Dave Airlie wrote:
> On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Fredrik Tolf <fredrik at dolda2000.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 17 May 2013, Dave Airlie wrote:
>>> Try adding Option "AutoAddGPU" "FALSE" to the xorg.conf
>> [...]
>> I think I'll have to wait for a more opportune moment to restart my
>> primary X session in order to be able to test that.

I just had the misfortune of having to restart the X server, which gave me
the opportunity to add "AutoAddGPU" "FALSE", but it's still failing in the
exact same way as previously. It's supposed to go in ServerFlags, right?

>> If I may ask, though; what does that kind of locking mean? In just what way
>> is the Intel device "reserved" even though it's not actually used?
>
> Its loaded a slave driver for it and probably has it configured as a provider.

I see. Shouldn't it show in the log file then or somesuch then, though? I
can't find it in the log file, at least, and xrandr doesn't show any extra
output devices, either.

--

Fredrik Tolf