multiple RHEL 6.x updates (CentOS, Scientific Linux, etc) -- updates 6.3 to 6.4

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Fri May 24 15:22:48 PDT 2013

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 7:08 PM, mike memmott <mike.memmott at gmail.com> wrote:
> The most incompetent, irresponsible releases I've seen in +30 years in
> the open source community.
>
> I've generic servers, generic graphics i/o, -- updating to 6.4 from 6.3
> screwed me. Thank god I did not update across my entire production
> environment. I will never trust to your so-called back-end QA again, nor
> any of the downstream providers QA.
>
> What in the heck is going on that you can't caution or otherwise provide
> documentation, support, anything, to mitigate system boot crashes when
> updating to the major changes you've thrown over the wall to the
> enterprise Linux community?

Let me just check, you don't have RHEL subscriptions? if you do,
please contact RH support and provide me with the case number and
we'll look into it.

If you don't, and you can't see the value in having such a
subscription, then perhaps you can point me at the bug you filed in
CentOS or even RH bugzilla. There is no such thing as generic servers
with generic graphics, so it makes it hard to diagnose why you are
being a dick.

Dave.