multiple RHEL 6.x updates (CentOS, Scientific Linux, etc) -- updates 6.3 to 6.4

mike memmott mike.memmott at gmail.com
Fri May 24 02:08:16 PDT 2013

The most incompetent, irresponsible releases I've seen in +30 years in
the open source community.

I've generic servers, generic graphics i/o, -- updating to 6.4 from 6.3
screwed me. Thank god I did not update across my entire production
environment. I will never trust to your so-called back-end QA again, nor
any of the downstream providers QA.

What in the heck is going on that you can't caution or otherwise provide
documentation, support, anything, to mitigate system boot crashes when
updating to the major changes you've thrown over the wall to the
enterprise Linux community?

Shame on you. I suggest renaming your community to X86 because that is
what you've effectively done -- 86'd the common user.

no salutation,

mike