X11 status Capture for an arbitary application

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Fri May 17 08:42:56 PDT 2013

On 05/17/13 08:37 AM, Dibyayan Chakraborty wrote:
> Hi,
> I think i should be more clear on the specific terms that i previously used.
>   By "menu list" i meant to say the menus which are often present in the
> applications(e.g File, Edit, View, Insert) and by "event queue" i referred the
> event queue of the application where the key Events and Mouse Events are
> buffered prior to its processing.

X11 has no concept of menus - those are implemented in toolkits (usually) or
applications (in some rare cases).   Similarly once the events are delivered
to the client, you'd need some form of debugger or remote introspection to
find out if the client has processed them or still has them in a queue to
handle later - there is no X11 API to query event queue state from another
program.

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com