black background and HW acceleraed rendering

Ratin ratin3 at gmail.com
Fri May 10 07:41:41 PDT 2013

Hi All, I am using hardware accelerated video rendering on X windows, I
want to set the default background color for windows to be black. It seems
that every effort of doing that fails, i.e. when the HW accelerated video
display queue is terminated, I end up with a green window, not black or
alpha blended window showing whatever left at the GPU queue. I wanted to
know if there is a way I can guarantee it will always be black when the HW
backend process finishes with the window. Any body got any clue?

Thanks

Ratin