Click on touch behavior using evdev

Amit Uttamchandani amit.uttam at gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 14:22:17 PDT 2013

Hello,

I posted this on debian mailing list but I am thinking this is a
better place to post.

I'm currently using debain wheezy and have a touch screen. The xorg
evdev driver is correctly used and for the most part, all is well.

I would like to however tweak the settings so that a touch simulates a
button press and release. Currently, I see the following when I do a
*xinput test <id>*:

motion a[0]=1002 a[1]=1221
button press   1
motion a[0]=1001 a[1]=1219
motion a[0]=999 a[1]=1218
motion a[0]=998 a[1]=1217
motion a[0]=996 a[1]=1216
motion a[0]=995
button release 1

Ideally it should be:

motion a[0]=1060 a[1]=601
button press   1
button release 1

This is so that the accuracy is better and the delay between click and
release is reduced.

I built and compiled the latest evdev from source but see no options to
configure the quick release settings.

I am currently looking at evdev.c and I'm hoping I can modify something
here to achieve the desired behavior.

Any ideas?