Disabling all access to graphics hardware

Martin Peres martin.peres at free.fr
Tue Jul 16 06:35:31 PDT 2013

On 16/07/2013 07:39, Christian Uldall Pedersen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately I can't suspend the
> applications, since they are doing some network communication which is
> necessary.
>
> Best regards,
> Christian

Hey,

Well, you can look into GPU schedulers [1] but I would guess that a
simpler form of synchronisation could fix that in the driver.

As long as you are not using userspace command submission, you should be
able to block command submission of the applications that are not in the
foreground.

On the other hand, if the GUI and the networking share the same thread,
the GUI may block thus blocking networking. It may also spin a lot,
waiting for the result of
an operation. The best solution would be to tell the application to stop
sending commands, but ... that may not be possible.

Good luck,

Martin

[1] http://www.usenix.org/events/atc11/tech/final_files/Kato.pdf