Blurry Display (Panasonic TC-L42E60)

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 11:44:14 PDT 2013

On Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2013 16:35:16 CEST, Steven Blatchford wrote:
> On 12:01 Wed 10 Jul, Thomas Lübking wrote:
>> On Mittwoch, 10. Juli 2013 03:13:07 CEST, Steven Blatchford wrote: ...
> From the DisplayPort on the laptop it goes to a DP -> DVI and then I
> have a DVI -> HDMI adapter.  Then HDMI cable into the TV.

Ewww...
Can you try to wire them directly?
In doubt via VGA? (just for testing)
Or try replacing the adapters - they tend to be great source for trouble, your provided EDID (sorry, missed that mail ;-) is garbage and single link DVI would even not easily support FullHD (each and every element in the chain has to support reduced blanking, what might be the case for your former but not the present Tv) and if the HDMI handshake fails you'll be left with no or SD or maybe "HD Ready" resolution (cr protection crap) while i've personally never encountered "HD Ready" in return (usually it's just no and sometimes SD resolution)

>> Eventually you can configure the resolution announcements in the TV?
> I'm not too sure what you're asking here.
(At least) some TVs can configure the resolution for their inputs (mostly down to SD) to please inputs that expect a certain output resolution (and then the TV simply scales up) - but after seeing the EDID and since you tried all ports, that's very unlikely it.

Cheers,
Thomas