screen (intel igp) goes black after logout when using xauth

StompDagger1@yahoo.com stompdagger1 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 24 22:50:24 PDT 2013

>From: "StompDagger1 at yahoo.com" <stompdagger1 at yahoo.com>

>To: "xorg at lists.freedesktop.org" <xorg at lists.freedesktop.org>
>Sent: Sunday, August 18, 2013 10:01 AM
>Subject: screen (intel igp) goes black after logout when using xauth

>Hello,

>I have the following scenario:

	* a framework that runs a gui program.

	* group a that all the included users can use that framework
>in an essence, user x from group a can execute program a1. program a1
uses sudo to run another program as user a_x which runs a gui program.
>as the executing user isn't user a_x, I need to use xauth to extract the
 session's X cookie to be able to connect to the X session, after the
program is done, I remove the X session from the >X cookie using xauth.

>this works well when I start the program but when I shut it down and logout, the screen stays black.

>this started when I replaced the previous card (ati, worked without problems) with the intel igp.

>any ideas? the logs doesn't show any error.

>I'm using kernel 3.10.7 with mesa from git, inter driver version 2.21.14 on a i7-2600 with 16 gb of ram.

>thanks for the help.

no one have an idea in the matter?