Window change event?

László Monda laci at monda.hu
Sun Aug 4 07:08:08 PDT 2013

Hi List,

I'm writing an application that has to be aware of the current window.
So far I've extracted the relevant code from xprop and put it into
https://github.com/mondalaci/current-window-linux .  (I screwed up
memory management which leads to segfaults but it'll be fixed so it's
not the point.)

The above solution would work but it'd involve polling the info of the
current window from time to time which is not very efficient.
Wondering whether there's a way to register a callback for a "window
change" event.  That'd be so much more efficient.  Ideally I'm looking
for a way to do this in a window manager independent manner.

Thanks in advance.

--
László Monda <http://monda.hu>