using free desktops without a screen/monitor

Josh Kennedy joshknnd1982 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 12:45:41 PDT 2013

Hi
I am totally blind and use gnome, unity lxde and others with the orca
screen reader. I asked on the orca mailing list if there is a way to run
distros such as ubuntu and vinux without a screen or monitor connected.
they said to ask on this list. so I am asking. could you please provide
an accessible way even if its pressing a key at a boot prompt after
hearing some tones through the pc speaker, provide a way to boot and use
ubuntu from the live cd and the installed version without a monitor
being connected. Having this functionality would also enable me to
possibly start a project I have some ideas for using probably sonar
accessible linux with lxde.

thanks

Josh