[Xdmx]: mouse cannot go over second screen's edge

Xianwen Chen x at aann.tk
Wed Sep 12 13:24:24 PDT 2012

Hi,

After 7 hours of trying, I think it's time to ask for help. I'm trying
to use Xdmx to use two monitors of two computers together as a whole.
The major problem I encounter is that the mouse won't go over the edge
of second monitor, even though I tried using both 'intel' and 'vesa'
drivers, and different parameters for the command. My latest attempt
was:
    startx 'which fluxbox' \
         -- /usr/bin/Xdmx :1 \
         +xinerama \
         -display :0 \
         -display 128.39.175.7:0 \
         -ignorebadfontpaths \
         +xinerama \
         -noglxproxy \
         -xinput local  \
         -nomulticursor \
         -norender \
         -nooffscreenopt \
         -depth 16 \
         -input local

I'm running Arch Linux AMD64 for the host machine and Arch Linux i686
for the client. All libraries are the latest version available at Arch
Linux.

I'd really appreciate if you can share your insights.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Xianwen