Custom 10-monitor.conf file does not seem to work properly under Ubuntu 11.10

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 10 09:49:19 PDT 2012

On 2012/09/08 12:25 (GMT-0500) Ron Howes composed:

> What should I be looking for to correct this? (It's getting to be a real pain to have to connect the LCD first and then switch to the CRT whenever I want to use the big display!)

Something to try:

Remove all modelines from your custom monitor file, and add the following:

	Option	"DefaultModes"	"on"

Except for experimentational purposes, I never have any modelines in any X
config file, while for every monitor config file I actually use routinely, I
include the above line. X is smart enough to work without any explicit
modelines in the vast majority of cases, with or without valid EDID, as long
as required other config data you want it to use is either built-in or
supplied via EDID or config file.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/