[xkb] Documentation

Georg Grabler ggrabler at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 19:52:00 PDT 2012

Hello List :).

I've been trying and trying again in the xkb direction to implement
anything proper. I always ended up parsing the XML files myself,
setting layouts by external console commands since xkb seems not to
provide any .. at least working dbus interface without external tools
(and i know your stance about that part - I'm fine with that).

I tried to find a documentation (something like doxygen) for xkb
public interfaces. I had no luck, there was something like libxkbui,
but the documentation link does not work on freedesktop. Looking
closer, I think it wouldn't match my needs to read and set all
available keyboard layout and model anyway, but still.

Is there any public interface and documentation about it? Maybe I'm just blind.

Kind regards,
Georg