Re: black screen after the Ubuntu logo

Thomas Lübking thomas.luebking at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 18:28:23 PDT 2012

On Montag, 15. Oktober 2012 02:43:05 CEST, Dref Hill wrote:
> Thank you for your help.
> i reinstalled this package xserver-xorg-video-intel and now it works but at
> the start i get a message that say that the system run in low graphic mode.

The log says you get 1024x576px (and VGA, ie. 640x480) what would mach some netbook resolution.

> I have various options to reconfigure it but but none works.
The question is: where are you, and what do you want to change. You won't get a higher resolution than your screen has (well, actually you can, but that leeds to a blurry image)
What is the "low graphics mode" (the information about the undetectable GPU is wrong, it's a 945GME, check glxinfo) - some info from the Deskop Environment (Unity?)
In doubt the unity and/or compiz packages or one of their dependencies might just be broken as well (and that's just a generic "compiz couldn't start" message)

I have however never run unity.

Thomas