ANN: luit 1.2-20121014
dickey at radix.net
Sun Oct 14 17:49:26 PDT 2012
* review/improve no-leaks checking with valgrind.
* add null-pointer checks in copyOut in case a non-8bit encoding was
used with the iconv configuration.
* document environment variables used by luit in its manpage.
* amend the check using nl_langinfo(CODESET) in 2011/10/30 changes,
ignoring that section if the -encoding option was given (report by
* support --datarootdir option in configure script.
* updated configure macros:
add another step to the test-program.
fix the case where stdin is redirected, e.g., in rpm/dpkg
builds (reported in Debian #676461). Also correct
return-check, which could have been confused by typing on
the keyboard while the check was running.
use AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED() rather than appending to
confdefs.h, since long-ago concern about the ability to
pass-through parameterized macros appears to be not a
problem, testing with 2.13 and 2.52
add workaround for Debian's modification of the version
add check for clang
add message to show the actual value used.
also match (for substitution) variables such as
fix after changes in ncurses to use --datarootdir
add an ifdef'd chunk #5 for testing the 'tty' (rather than
'pty') and moved the important 'pty' chunk before opening
the slave device as a simple way of making the test
program lose any possible race between parent/child
processes in initializing both sides of the pseudoterminal
(report by Christian Weisgerber).
cleanup based on byacc 20121003.
* update config.guess, config.sub
Thomas E. Dickey
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 228 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the xorg