Blurry image with nouveau over VGA, ok with nvidia driver

Łukasz Maśko ed at yen.ipipan.waw.pl
Tue Nov 6 04:45:26 PST 2012

Dnia wtorek, 6 listopada 2012, tino.keitel+xorg at tikei.de napisał:
> Hi,
>
> I used the nvidia binary drivers on GeForce 6150 LE graphics. They are
> awfull (slow, corruption in Emacs, replace system libraries), but
> nouveau didn't work at all.
>
> Now I tried 3.7-rc4 and nouveau seems to give an image at least.
> However, the image is blurry.  The computer doesn't have DVI out, so
> I'm using VGA and a resolution of 1600x1200.  This may be the culprit,
> but the same setup worked fine with the binary driver.  Are there any
> options I could try?

Your report is very similar to mine. I'm also using 1600x1200 resolution. My
machine has DVI, but monitor does not. So I'm also using VGA connector. And
I also have problems, but its font rendering in my case.

What happens, if you switch to 1280x1024 or 1024x768 (if your monitor
supports such resolution)?
--
Łukasz Maśko                                                            _o)
Lukasz.Masko(at)ipipan.waw.pl                                           /\\