Awfull rendering of fonts in KDE terminal with nouveau 1.0.3 drivers

Henrik Pauli henrik.pauli at uhusystems.com
Thu Nov 1 11:10:26 PDT 2012

On 2012-11-01 18:54, Thomas Lübking wrote:
> On Donnerstag, 1. November 2012 16:45:21 CEST, Henrik Pauli wrote:
>> --scale has nothing to do with the final scaling
> if i run "xrandr --output DVI-I-1 --scale 2x2" here, i get "doubled" resolution (no panning)

Yeah, but that probably wasn't the problem in the thread :)  Which is
why I said the scaling mode is what we're looking for

> For
> xrandr --output DVI-I-1 --set "scaling mode" "Full aspect"
>
> I just get an error (same goes for Full & Center)
>
> "xrandr --verbose" shows me a bunch of supported modes and the currect transformation matrix - what should i look for?

Look at the list of supported modes and choose one (and set scale back
to 1x1 for now for good results).  The names might depend on the devices
in use.  In my intel GMA965-driven LVDS they're called what I listed in
my previous post.  What modes do you have?