How to configure X server for a fraction of screen

kapil jain jainkkapil at gmail.com
Wed May 30 22:13:14 PDT 2012

Hi,

Some part of my screen on right have dead pixels which creates
problems in viewing. My screen size is 303mmX190mm.I want to use only
253mm X 190mm for display. I tried with xrandr for changing the
display resolution to 1072X800 which is perfect for the size I want to
use but the output is centre aligned and not the left aligned. Is
there a way to do this? I am ready to compile the drivers if required.
Please guide where all to make the changes.