Randr window resize

g4hx g4hx at gmx.de
Thu May 17 10:33:45 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I have one question regarding Randr: Whenever I use xrandr to rotate my
screen by 90 degrees, full screen windows look like in this picture:

+----------+---------+
|  screen  |         |
|   and    | screen  |
|  window  |         |
+----------+---------+
|          |
| window   |

I would really appreciate it if the windows were resized by exchanging
their width and length, so that they remain totally visible even after
screen rotations.
To my knowledge, this is not possible with Xorg at the moment.
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that this is a problem with the X
server and not the GUI toolkits like Qt or Gtk+. Is there any way that
you could improve Xorg to resize full screen windows on Randr events?

g4hx