x forwarding?

Johannes Truschnigg johannes at truschnigg.info
Wed Mar 14 08:56:35 PDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 11:43:01AM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 14, 2012 11:41:22 AM walter harms did opine:
> [...]
> Which gets noisy, but the last 2 lines are:
> debug1: Requesting X11 forwarding with authentication spoofing.
> X11 forwarding request failed on channel 0

Check if you have the xauth(1) program installed on the remote host you're
connecting to, and install it if it's not there yet. It missing has been the
reason for X11 forwarding not to work for me (with similar symptoms as you are
experiencing) in the past. ssh(1) tries to execute xauth on the remote side of
the connection if X11 forwardinf is requested by the client, and will not
explicitly state it has failed doing so.

--
with best regards:
- Johannes Truschnigg ( johannes at truschnigg.info )

www:   http://johannes.truschnigg.info/
phone: +43 650 2 133337
xmpp:  johannes at truschnigg.info

Please do not bother me with HTML-email or attachments. Thank you.