duplicate display on 2nd display adapter

Cliff Brake cliff.brake at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 06:42:02 PST 2012

Hello,

I have an embedded system which uses a simple frame buffer as the
primary display.  We would like to replicate the display on a second
Display Link USB adapter.  The Display Link USB adapter also creates a
frame buffer, which works if I point X at it.  However, I've not
figured out a way to run X such that it displays the same thing on
both adapters at the same time.  Are there any existing mechanisms to
do this?

Thinking about this, I suppose one option might be to create a virtual
frame buffer driver that writes to both the primary frame buffer and
display link frame buffer.

We don't have a lot of extra CPU processing power as this is an older ARM CPU.

Thanks,
Cliff