[Xcb] [ANNOUNCE] xcb-util 0.3.9

Arnaud Fontaine arnau at debian.org
Mon Jun 4 18:56:10 PDT 2012

Hi,

Jeremy Huddleston <jeremyhu at freedesktop.org> writes:

> Based  on the  commit  logs, I  was under  the  impression that  these
> functions were  only meaningful to already-removed  functionality.  If
> the removal of that functionality  didn't even warrant a version bump,
> why would removing its support APIs?

This  functionality was  deprecated  but not  removed  yet. This  commit
removed it completely but as these functions were previously part of the
public  API, the  SONAME was  bumped, which  IMHO makes  sense to  avoid
breaking existing program  or libraries using this  feature for whatever
reason.  Perhaps, there  would have been a smoother way  to do that (any
advice is greatly appreciated BTW), sorry about that.

Cheers,
--
Arnaud Fontaine