command line retrieve list of kbd layouts and variants (to use with setxkbmap)

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Fri Jul 27 08:18:57 PDT 2012

If you're trying to parse them, why not use the original files such as
/usr/share/X11/xkb/rules/base.xml instead of the man page that's generated
from them?    The XML & XKB files have a far more reliable format than the
man page, which can change at any time, since we don't expect people to try
to parse it.

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com