Keymap problem FreeBSD sos...

Albert Shih Albert.Shih at obspm.fr
Fri Jan 20 12:46:58 PST 2012

Hi all.

Sorry to disturb you.

I've very "big" problem after I update my port tree on FreeBSD. I don't
think the problem come from FreeBSD so I send a message here.

I'm using qwerty keyboard, and before I do this update I can access some
characters like
directly by using

	Left-Alt+ e

and many other thing like that (Now I can type it so...)

My configuration of Xorg server use hal and have this

      <merge key="input.xkb.layout" type="string">us</merge>
      <merge key="input.xkb.variant" type="string">alt-intl</merge>

in my hal config.

After update everything I don't have this very usefull feature.

I try to recompile xorg without hal and put

	        Option  "XkbLayout"  "us"
	        Option  "XkbVariant" "alt-intl"

in my xorg.conf that's change nothing

I try also to use

	Option  "XkbVariant" "intl"

it's little better because I can access some extrat characters but less
than before and not in the same place.

Anyone can save me and tell me how can I have my old configuration ?

Big thanks.

Regards

--
Albert SHIH