Segmentation fault

StompDagger1@yahoo.com stompdagger1 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 11 22:35:50 PST 2012

>> >http://wiki.x.org/wiki/Development/Documentation/ServerDebugging

>> list,

>> earlier.

>> HD
>>
>> >It's complicated. :\
>>
>> >7xx0 and 6xx0 are marketing names, which are mostly irrelevant for
>> >driver support, in contrast to code names such as Turks, Northern
>> >Islands etc.
>>
>> I see, so maybe it is a good idea to fix the radeon output?

>Can you make a specific suggestion, or even a patch?

I can't seem to find something more specific than this scenario,

>> if I had this problem, I'd assume that the driver doesn't supports the
>> card, this would have wasted a lot of time.

>Why would you assume that?
I think it is extremely logical to assume that because xorg's log
contains the following line: "(II) RADEON: Driver for ATI Radeon
chipsets:" and is followed by a list of cards.
if the card you have is not on the list, it is logical to assume that the driver doesn't supports it.

> Again, if the driver doesn't support a card,
>it bails much earlier, in a totally different way.

for you it is logical because you know your way around the code, I consider myself as an advanced linux user, if for me it isn't clear, why would it be clear to someone at lower experience level than I?