kms etc ati nouveau intel

Michel Dänzer michel at daenzer.net
Wed Dec 5 01:15:39 PST 2012

[ Please do not send HTML e-mail to this list if you can help it ]

On Die, 2012-12-04 at 13:38 -0800, Sebastian Glita wrote:

> > Please provide the actual kernel output, preferably at least from
> the
> > drm/radeon initialization to the panic.
>
> user at localhost /root # dmesg

Please attach the full output.

BTW, as you can get information about the crash with dmesg, it's not a
panic but at most an oops. :)

> [   445.074] (II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized r300
> [   445.074] (II) GLX: Initialized DRI2 GL provider for screen 0

The log file ends here?

> I also knew a couple of years ago that AIGLX didn't work for Xpress
> 200M chipset, so I actually disabled this flag (but simplified back
> now, as mentioned), but it kept bringing it ON...

Disabling AIGLX is no longer very useful, as the server side GLX
implementation depends on the *_dri.so driver for many things now. By
disabling AIGLX, the server and client side implementations of GLX may
end up using different *_dri.so, which may cause incompatibility issues.

AIGLX should have worked fine on your card for a long time, certainly
with KMS/DRI2.

--
Earthling Michel Dänzer           |                   http://www.amd.com