Netiquette: No HTML messages please. (was: [ANNOUNCE] glamor 0.5.0)

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 06:03:21 PDT 2012

On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 9:09 AM, Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com> wrote:

> Most of *rural* America is still on dial-up...

Is it? shame... one would think that some sort of slow-speed DSL would be
possible even on pots lines very very far from the exchange.... I remember
reading that in Australia Telstra used some ´repeaters´ on the copper lines
allowing DSL to reach distances that were previously thought to be too far
for DSL. Although details about it are a bit foggy on my memory, as I read
about it many years ago.

Needless to say even a 256K always-on ADSL is better thank dial-up....

FC

act
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell