BUG: triggered 'if (!dev->valuator || dev->valuator->numAxes < 2)'getevents.c:845 in scale_to_desktop()

Daniel Wallace daniel.wallace at gatech.edu
Thu Apr 5 23:22:07 PDT 2012

I recently started to try and use the nouveau driver with archlinux as
I just got a new monitor and wanted to be able to do portrait and
landscape with compositing and no Xinerama or some reason, when I try
to do xrandr --output HDMI-1 --pos 0x0 --output VGA-1 --right-of HDMI-1
everything locks up and the mouse gets stuck half in one screen and
half in the other, and I can no longer do anything everything works
fine if I ssh into the machine logs for right after it crashed:
dmesg → http://sprunge.us/CIgO?text
Xorg.0.log → http://sprunge.us/cegQ?text
Xorg.0.log after patch → http://sprunge.us/LMjV?text
patch → http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.freedesktop.xorg.devel/29650