build tigerVNC (xserver) under ubuntu

Alan Coopersmith alan.coopersmith at oracle.com
Wed Apr 4 23:07:39 PDT 2012

On 04/ 3/12 04:47 PM, pablo platt wrote:
> I'm trying to build tigerVNC which uses xserver from source under ubuntu 11.10
> 32bit.
>
> I'm following instructions from
> http://tigervnc.svn.sourceforge.net/...79&view=markup
> <http://tigervnc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/tigervnc/trunk/BUILDING.txt?revision=4879&view=markup>
>
> In the configure step I'm getting a warning:
> configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-fontdir, --with-dri-driver-path

Those are likely unrelated to your error and probably ignorable.   If you don't
want to be warned about them don't pass them.

> In the make step I'm getting an error:
> In file included from glxdriswrast.c:39:0:
> /usr/include/GL/internal/dri_interface.h:51:17: fatal error: drm.h: No such file
> or directory
>
> Was there a change in xserver that replaced --with-fountdir and
> --with-dri-driver-path?

Yes, in Xorg 1.8 --with-fontdir was changed to --with-fontrootdir,
and in Xorg 1.10 --with-dri-driver-path was replaced by use of
pkg-config to read the path from dri.pc.

> How can I fix the warning and the error?

Do you have libdrm (and the appropriate -devel package) installed?

	-Alan Coopersmith-              alan.coopersmith at oracle.com