Option "Enable" "false" has no affect

Matthew Monaco dgbaley27 at 0x01b.net
Tue Sep 27 17:34:02 PDT 2011

I've tried with and without the screen section. I want to leave my vga monitor
plugged in, but I want it disabled by default. I see in the log that the
"ignored" is being read, but the resulting configuration is cloned with the
greatest shared resolution on each monitor.

Section "Device"
	Identifier   "hd4200"
	Driver       "radeon"

	Option       "Monitor-HDMI-0" "hdmi"
	Option       "Monitor-VGA-0"  "vga"
EndSection

#Section "Screen"
#	Identifier   "scr"
#	Device       "hd4200"
#	Monitor      "hdmi"
#EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "hdmi"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "vga"
	Option       "Enable" "false"
EndSection

I've tried including video=VGA-1:d on my cmdline. This results in xorg laying
out the monitors as a want (but I think it's a workaround, not a solution).
However, this causes the monitor to blank out about every 5 seconds. I'd file
this as a bug if the kernel's bugzilla was up right now.

Also of interest is that with both monitors plugged in, and without the video=
option, I see:

[    1.763152] radeon 0000:01:05.0: Disabling not enabled HDMI
[    1.776849] radeon 0000:01:05.0: Disabling not enabled HDMI

pretty early on in my boot process.

Thanks for any help!
Matt